Monday, November 26, 2007

boungiorno

Finally after touring Europe, I’m here in Genoa/Genova. Well, not really the whole Europe but rather a re-route to Amsterdam. Why? It all started one fine Saturday night when this poor soul is bound for Kuala Lumpur to board a connecting flight to Rome. But due to some undetermined circumstance, the flight was delayed for more than an hour (re: Singapore to KL). My flight to Rome was scheduled to depart at 11:30pm. We arrive passed that time. To compensate for this, the airport authorities suggested that we take the next flight to Amsterdam and then Rome. With no other better alternative, the three of us agreed (a Singaporean, Italian(I presume), and a handsome Filipino). The lady (Singaporean) was really furious about this but I’ll not expound further on details. For me, I’m practically composed, and optimistic about it. At least for a few hours I’ll be in Amsterdam. And so, to cut the story short, I finally arrived in Rome.

And then the bad news.

Somehow along that re-routed connecting/transfer flights, my luggage got lost. Sucks big time! I’ve reported this to the passenger service and gave them my Singapore address and the address here in Hotel Iris. Hopefully, they’ll be able to traced it and send it here as soon as possible.

The long travel plus the frustration about my luggage was starting to take its toll on me but I still need to travel five (5) more hours by train from Rome to Genoa. The locals are quite accommodating, although most of them can’t speak English, they’ll try to understand and answer your questions still. I happen to bumped into a group of Filipinos in the train terminal so somehow I also got some inputs on how to get to my destination. I arrived at the Genova terminal at around 9pm and started asking for directions to Hotel Iris, Via G. Rossetti. Unfortunately, nobody seems to know. Oh man, it’s getting late maybe I’ll just sleep at the terminal and place a small plastic cup by my side in hope that by morning it’ll be full of euros hehe. But that’s just what my tired mind is suggesting. The never-quit side of me pushed me to enter a nearby hotel and asked about Hotel Iris. Luck finally hit me. So it seems, Hotel Iris is still about 3 km away. So he suggested that I take the cab. Now why haven’t I thought of that in the first place? Silly me. While waiting for a cab, an old guy is also patiently waiting for one. He suddenly approached me and said something Italian which I can only assume that he’s talking about getting the taxi. Then later pointing at his wrist. I told him the time and realized he meant it’s hard to get a taxi this late. A taxi finally arrived and the old guy asked me if I can share it with him. I agreed, and we both boarded the taxi. If this is a suspense novel then maybe I’ll be robbed and stripped off my clothes and walked around naked with only a box of carton to cover my genitals. That’ll be quite a story, but sorry to disappoint you guys because everything went well and the old chap was very thankful for my deed. I arrived at the hotel around 10 pm and checked-in. While in my room, I start contemplating about my next days with nothing to wear except what I have now. Bring me back my luggage!!!

The next day(this morning), I took my breakfast and went to the receptionist to asked for directions on how to get to the training center. I’ll be scouting the location today and planned to buy some groceries and toiletries. I haven’t brushed yet so lucky for you this is written.

I’m currently able to withstand the cold with what clothes I currently have. My thick jacket is on my lost luggage but I have with me a comfortable sweater which is my best friend right now. If I don’t get any news about my luggage at the end of the day, I’m planning to shop for clothes that I can alternately wear, anyway nobody will notice it anyway.

So that’s all for now.

Grazie.