Friday, December 21, 2007

ciao


December 8

It’s Saturday and again I got nothing to do. I’ve just finished the Advance training yesterday which is quite disappointing. The instructor didn’t tackle some of the slides and we weren’t able to try some of the exercises. I do have the certificate as a consolation tho. I’m also planning as early as yesterday regarding my trip back to Singapore. My flight is on Saturday at 12pm and sadly, it’s in Rome which is 5 hours from Genova. So, to avoid the rush and the worry about being late for the flight, I decided to take the trip on the 14th and stay overnight on a budget hotel in Rome. Of course the trip includes a visit to the Vatican. I’ve already spoken with our instructor if its possible to finish the training on Thursday(13th) , if not then I guess I’d rather not have my training certificate than to face the possibility of missing my flight. Good luck to me then.

December 10

I bought my train ticket to Rome this afternoon before proceeding to Central Genova to take some more photos. I’ll be leaving on Friday(14th) at 5:57am, a day ahead of my flight to Kuala Lumpur and hopefully everything will be fine.

December 13

It’s my last night here in Genova. I have finished packing my things and my luggage is quite heavier now due to the three sets of documents I got from the trainings. I have written a simple thank you note for the hotel just to express my gratitude for their assistance and hospitality. Today was also the last day of my Developer course training after the instructor agreed to my request. My co-trainee, a Spanish, coincidentally stays on the same hotel so I do had a companion again at walking back.

I plan to wake up at 4am but I still don’t feel sleepy. It’s almost 11pm and in my attempt to cradle myself to slumber, I decided to write this entry and hope to be able to sleep early tonight after several nights of insomnia. So off I go now. Wish me luck.

December 14

Aboard the train to Rome. I have a wonderful seat near the window although I’m facing the opposite way from the train’s direction. It’ll be a long journey.



In Rome near the Central Terminal. After checking in a 2-star hotel where the receptionist happens to be a Filipina, I had a light lunch and commence with my plan to visit The Vatican. I spent most of my time inside St’ Peter’s basilica wandering and taking pictures. Bought some souvenirs and a rosary for me and my girlfriend. And by the way, the hotel where I’m staying sucks. The toilet stinks!

December 15

Singapore. Whew! After 17 hours of travel(5 + 11 + 1), I’ve finally arrived. I haven’t taken any sleep as I spent my time watching movies in the plane. I’m glad to be back although I have a lot of laundry to wash before I can rest.