Wednesday, December 20, 2006

you're early!

i came to work today rather unusually early. haven't change my routines and i'm actually minutes late from my usual departure from home. i crossed the creek then walked my way up to the gates of franville. i was lucky to have boarded an fx today, which gave me enough comfort to read my book. it's hard reading it while standing on a crowded mini-bus so i took the pleasure of digesting as many pages that i can. up on the mrt(quezon avenue), it was crowded as it had always been specially on rush hours. i managed to squeezed myself in on the first train and was surprised at the time i alight at shaw boulevard --- it was 7:35am! i checked my cellphone's time thinking the station's clock was probably broken and to my amazement it was indeed correct. whew! that's odd, that time of my trip was supposedly my usual time of arrival in quezon avenue. great! now i have enough time to wander my way to the jeepney station. as i approached the station, there is mr. taho vendor waving at me waiting for my nod. just a simple hand gesture or a nod is our simple distant conversation and he would immediately prepare my taho. by the time i approached at his place he was already placing the lid of the cup and then into a plastic bag. i paid him 10 pesos and exchanged 'thank you' as we part. i arrived at the office at 7:57 and took my breakfast of scrambled egg, hotdog, and a half cup of rice, and my taho of course.